Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Finding Your Passion - does not work for Scanners


It is common knowledge that the business world supposedly works on passion. Because finding your passion is the ONLY way to be happy. At least that is what the modern world says.

Everyone says that a child needs to find their passion or their calling, preferably before they finish High School, and that will be the one thing they will want to do for the rest of their life.

To a Scanner, this is like a jail sentence. Being stuck in one career for the rest of the scanners life, will drive the scanner to an early death,  They would find that one career very boring and would be totally miserable and have NO enthusasim for doing that job at all.

This lack of enthusuasam eventually shows up on their Employee Evaluations. Bad Evals means they don't get promoted so they stay at the rank and file level, and eventually the Scanner ends up leaving with no new skills, and no means to apply for higher ranked jobs.

This is exactly what happened to me.

The only time when I was really happy was when I was back in my apartment (this was before I got married) at the end of the day, and doing a ton of reading. Mostly NON fiction Books. I like to think that I "home schooled" myself during those long hours spent alone in my apartment.

I read everything. Science, religion, politics, history, travel, computer stuff, literature, biographies and memoirs. Probably the only sections I never read are Vehicles and Animals.

In 1998  I finally plucked up the courage to get a computer and get online.

Things just exploded from there.

I didn't realise it then, but the internet has now become my passion. Even today, more than 15 years later, I am still following my passion to learn new things.

Below is a link to a Video from the Paulymath show about how Scanners cannot choose ONE passion.

How to Find your Passion as a Scanner


No comments:

Post a Comment